It is a much-known fact that before you can start using any kind of printer, you must first install it because, without installation, it is pretty much a useless tool since it won’t be able to function at all. And sometimes while trying to install the printer, you get error messages saying the installation has failed. Almost every printer owner in the world has come across such situations in their life and it is very common. It is also prevalent in HP printers. Often at times, while trying to install HP printers and its software, you will see error messages regarding its installation. This happens due to faulty errors or mistakes while applying the steps or due to network or internet problems. So if you are looking forward to knowing how to fix installation error in the HP printer, you can give this blog a read.
There are certain steps you must carry out to fix installation error in an HP printer. And these steps have been explained to you under the points below:
Step 1: Try restarting the Computer, Printer, and router
- Firstly, turn off the router. Do so, by unplugging the cord or pressing the power button.
- Secondly, turn the printer off and unplug the USB or Ethernet cables.
- Now, make sure to close or shut down any running programs and shut down the computer.
- Now reconnect and turn on all the devices you have shut down after waiting for some few minutes.
Step 2: Uninstall the HP software and the driver from the system
- Start off by disconnecting the USB cable from the printer.
- Then go to ‘programs and features’ and under this search the name of your printer and uninstall it.
- When you see a User account control message, click the ‘yes’ button. And simply follow the instruction displayed on the screen to remove the software, and after it is complete, perform a restart of the computer.
Step 3: Perform a Repair of the system files
- Before you begin, close all running apps and programs on your PC.
- Run the Command prompt as administrator and type in ‘sfc/scannow’ and press enter.
- The utility tool will scan and repair any damaged files on your computer.
- After the repair has been done, try to install the software again.
These methods are to be performed if you want to fix the installation error of your HP printer. However, if you find yourself facing some technical glitches or errors you can contact hp printer support phone number to get help from certified employees who have years of experience in troubleshooting HP printer errors and problems.